Friday 14 March 2014

Random

Hello to you all. And hello to new followers, you are most welcome here.

Good grief it's foggy here in St Ives today. We were promised a heat wave, and instead got the dreaded sea mist. Apparently Penzance is in rude health. Wall to wall sunshine over there, so I'm told. My head is buzzing today. I have had little or no sleep this week, due to my ridiculous over thinking brain.



Tomorrow is all stations go with several house viewings. Marc is stuck at Gatwick, due to fog at Newquay airport. This morning Alfie has had a hissy fit over Coco Pops, and I escalated the situation by giggling. Oliver refused to come out from under my bed. He was not to be disturbed under any circumstances. I found him eating an Easter egg. So much for buying early and hiding them.



 My sister in law has recently found out that Godfrey, her Christmas Eve rescue Turkey, is in fact a girl. I love this. It has made me smile all week. Samuel is considering his University options. He quite fancies either Cardiff or Edinburgh. Cardiff I can deal with. Edinburgh is in another country. I will never see him again. My diet and exercise regime has gone out of the window this week. Last night I ate a family bag of wine gums and a huge packet of crisps.



 Me and the boys have started watching Will Ferrell movies. I am appalled at my terrible parenting as I laugh along to 'Step Brothers' with them. But I am also gratified by the fact that the boys now think I rock. Whatever it takes to be popular with my kids...an awful admission. No wonder they blithly ignore every request I make to keep their rooms tidy, pick their underwear up from the bathroom floor and lower the lid of the toilet when they have finished. And perhaps flush it too.



I have bought some second hand furniture. Well why not clutter up the house a little more now that I'm trying to sell it. I literally couldn't resist. One will need a rub down and paint. The other is beautiful as it is. I have some garden tales, but have not been able to compose myself long enough to write it. It's about Sweet Peas. That much I do know.



Oh and Olly would like a pink pirate cake for his birthday. And tea at MacDonald's. And a MooMaid ice cream.....and lots of Lego. And a colouring book. And a hamster. He isn't getting a hamster...

Have a great weekend. Think of me tomorrow. I will probably be hysterical or comatose by lunch time.

Leanne xx

14 comments:

  1. You've made me laugh and laugh Leanne. My littlest boy would do exactly the same thing with an Easter egg. And I've giggled at the wrong moment so often I've lost count. It never helps. But I never learn. Apparently life is too short for boys to flush a toilet and do all of the other things. They are too busy living. That's where we come in... Have a good weekend sweetie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, thanks for making me chuckle! I feel like I've just had a peek into your head. I'm learning that the WORST thing to do when the kids are being ridiculous is laugh, it just makes them even more cross. Olly's birthday plans sound pretty amazing, I have to say, the boy has style. Good luck with the house viewings tomorrow, fingers crossed for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the tea that came out of you nose from laughing at my own post? That's how much I laugh just now. Thank you for making me feel normal. I make my boys sit down to pee (and do spot checks). All the but teenager are compliant. That's how scary I can be.... Edinburgh is just a stone's throw from where I am, a great place for students I think. Still the same country for now at least (hoping it will continue to be so). I love the white piece of furniture, I need one of those in my hall. Good luck with the viewings (remember to check the bathrooms for discarded old boxer shorts). Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me giggle. Will Ferrell, with you all the way and how are you suppose NOT to laugh!! Loving the new furniture, mmmmm I can think of a million uses for both those, very lovely indeed. Goodluck with the house viewings, I just remember how wonderful the first ten were and the novelty soon wears off. Gorgeous photos, especially the toad one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so funny. I love Step Brothers. There are two lines I quote all the time and they never stop being funny. They are: "So much room for activities!" and "This is a house of learned doctors!" I often laugh during disciplinary experiences, especially with my son, because it's funny! You're desperately trying to make them do things they most severely don't want to do and there's something funny in it, to me. Good luck with the showings, I know you will knock 'em dead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your house viewings! We got viewing down to a fine art last year when we were selling our house. I bought several large plastic bins, and we would scoop excess stuff off counters and the floor and stuff them in the bins. They were taken down to the storage room while the house was viewed. It left it looking much less cluttered. One of my blog readers told me white towels help a house sell more quickly, so I also purchased a set of new white towels for every bathroom. After the viewing the stuff came back out of the plastic bins and the white towels were placed in them, ready for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had thick fog here today too ! It life is was so cold compared with yesterday! Your description of family life is o accurate! If they go off to Uni I promise you they will appreciate home more! Edinburgh is only an hour away by air from Bristol. Hope the house viewing go well and Marc gets home, at least there are still lots of easter eggs still to buy in the shops! Have a good weekend. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its been foggy here all week too Leanne but at least it has cleared to sunny skies by mid morning. Hope you manage to find the house of your dreams this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne I love love love your honesty. Your blog always makes me smile/chuckle/laugh. Loving the new white table type thing, I'm no good with names of furniture. Hope you get on ok tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that the house viewings go really well!! Looking forward to seeing what happens to your new pieces of furniture, I like the washstand one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We also have a house viewing today so it's a clean and declutter morning for me too. Can't get too excited about it as we have been trying to sell for three years now....Sometimes I wonder if the cleaning makes much difference. Perhaps I should just leave the mascara smears and hair balls in my daughter's room and then we'll get an offer. Your house looks lovely - I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh gawd love this, laughed out loud about olly crawling under the bed in a fit and finding the easter eggs! we too have fog here but sunshine this morning yay! i am in a slight panic about no gardening here so need to get on top of seed planting and that furniture is awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will all settle down.... and you will get through it! I can remember vacuuming three flights of stair carpet on the hottest August day several years ago just so some people could come and be nosy (time wasters!) but the house did eventually sell, and we moved and the children grew up and..... you know the story.
    I remember finding christmas presents many years ago when I was a small child - and finding out that they weren't for me on the day! Served me right! Looking forward to seeing your sweet peas. Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the viewings went well and you manage to get a little more sleep this week.What is it with overthinking the minute your head hits the pillow? Lookiong forward to heairng your sweet pea stories. I've not had any success with sweet peas in my garden (for some reason!!)....

    ReplyDelete