Friday 26 April 2013

More Liebster Love





"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."




The lovely Jennifer from Thistlebear has nominated me for a Liebster. I'm quite chuffed because Jennifer has been very supportive of my blog. She always takes the time to make a nice comment. And as I've said before I get very excited whenever anyone does. But it is heartwarming to know that there a few people out there that enjoy reading the ruminations of a harassed mother of three children. Who also happens to be a bit of a gardening bore.

So firstly eleven random facts about myself. (By the way I find this really hard. It may be because I am pretty dull! Or am not used to talking about myself without hiding behind humour. Or whatever).

  • I like silver hoop earrings.
  • I hate to be late for anything.
  • My favourite minor character from Friends is Frank Jnr.
  • I love Pistachios.
  • When I was a child, my Mum always dressed me in green.
  • I'd love to learn to play the piano.
  • I can never make a decision in a restaurant.
  • My knees never go brown in the sun.
  • I would love someone to teach me how to apply make up.
  • I'm fascinated by creepy crawlies.
  • I can't touch my toes. Never have.


And Jennifer's questions.

  • Do you like theme parks?
    No I hate them!! I went on a roller coaster when I was thirteen and freaked out. Never again!
  • Do you like to craft?
    I would love to like to craft, but I don't think I am crafty enough. I am in awe of people who do. Having said that I am in the process of making cushion covers for the conservatory, and am really enjoying the whole process, so you never know...
  • What is the last movie you saw?
    The Five Year Engagement. Very funny.
  • What was your last Halloween costume?
    I don't like fancy dress for myself, which is odd as I live in a town that seems to want to dress up at any opportunity. I did dress the boys up last year for a Halloween party at our local rugby club. However when Olly saw himself in the mirror as a ghost, he got a bit upset. We never got to the party.
  • What toppings do you like on your pizza?
    I like veggie toppings and hot chillies.
  • What is your favourite thing to find in your mailbox?
    My monthly subscription to 'Country Living' magazine that my Mum got me for Christmas. I love the feeling of putting it to one side, until I can settle down with a cup of tea and no interruptions.
  • Chocolate with or without nuts?
    Both! I love chocolate - plain, milk, white. I quite like chilli chocolate at the moment.
  • Do you colour your hair?
    No, although I have dyed it when I was younger. I went from strawberry blonde to dark brown when I was a student. And I have also dyed it light blonde in my twenties. I am considering it again and cutting it short. I have the number of a good hairdresser....
  • Have you ever had a speeding ticket?
    No. But I do like to put my foot down!
  • What is your favourite place to buy clothes or accessories for yourself?
    I like Seasalt, a local company They make my kind of stuff. Bit pricey so I usually wait for the sales!
  • Nightgown or pyjamas?
    Pyjama bottoms and a vest top. The bottom half is usually my husbands. I like a bit of room! I would love some Cath Kidston brushed cotton floral ones though. To waft around the garden in.


And finally my eleven questions

  1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
  2. What is on your bedside table?
  3. What have you learnt in this past week?
  4. What is the first thing notice when you meet someone for the first time?
  5. What is the most outrageous thing you have ever done?
  6. Are you afraid of the dark?
  7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
  8. Do you have nay bad habits?
  9. What is the thing you miss most about being a child?
  10. What kind of music do you like?
  11. What is your favourite dessert?


I would like to nominate the following blogs:



My Little Piece Of England
Artic Mum
Oooh Betty
New England Living



I enjoy reading all of the above. And so will you!

I should just add that although I see these awards as a bit of fun, and a chance to share sites (and ourselves) with others, I totally get if you don't. So no pressure. Or fuss. Or bother.

Leanne xxx










6 comments:

  1. I like these posts as it's always nice to know a little bit more about the person behind the blog. :-)

    I love Seasalt clothing too, I wish we had some branches up north. And it's more down to luck than careful driving that I've never had a speeding ticket. I have what my Dad calls a "heavy right foot". x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to find blogland a bit strange. Do you ever really know anyone on here?!

      Leanne xx

      Delete
  2. Leanne, Thank you so much to think me worthy of this award I was very touched. I am an award free blog so I'm afraid I wouldn't be taking part.
    It was good to learn more about you! I too love Country Living and Seasalt! Congratulations for winning the award I love popping by to visit you.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me too, and thank you for reading my little blog and get a little nosey into your life :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing along, Leanne! Seasalt looks like a very nice company, my taste too. Haha, wafting in the garden, that's my fantasy in life! I'm really glad to learn more about you and I love your blog, it's always fun and interesting to read so of course I will always be around. :)

    ReplyDelete