Tuesday 18 December 2012

Operation Christmas




Mince pies.

Gingerbread.

Chocolate Brownies.

Cheesecake.

Pavlova.


Christmas Day puds that will please everyone, from nearly three to eighty three.

Today Olly and me made the mince pies a la Delia, and squirrelled them away in the freezer.

It's the week where I finally get my organising head on. I have three lists - food, presents and miscellaneous. I feel a sense of growing pleasure as I put a line through an item on said lists. I try to reign in the compulsion to buy an extra present here or there, but usually fail. This evening I start the wrapping. It's not my favourite job, but like ironing, I love the end result.

I'm not sure what I enjoy more. The anticipation of Christmas Day, or Christmas Day itself? What do you enjoy?


 


...............................................................


My Christmas picture above is of Betty, our beloved Camper. Last year whilst on our way to Mousehole to see the celebrated lights, we pulled in at one of the best lay-bys in the country and snapped this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment