Saturday 25 August 2012

Splish Splash




Betty is poorly. She needs some valuable TLC. So today we stayed at home.

It was one of those days that I remember as a child. It's raining outside, Mum is pottering round the house and I'm watching the afternoon film with my sister. I'm sat in my Dad's chair, with my feet lolling over the arm, and she is lying on the floor on the rug next to the electric fire.

I remember watching a lot of westerns, especially ones with John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart. And later, when we were older, it was a rented Betamax. Usually Blackadder, Sixteen Candles or The Breakfast Club.

Alfie, Olly and me watched Oliver! Olly lay on the rug playing with his toys, I pottered in and out and Alf lolled on the sofa. I had a baking head on and made flap jacks, ginger cake and lemon drizzle cake. So much cake!! Alfie loved the film. Olly clapped along to 'Consider Yourself' and I found myself explaining to Sam about how Fagin's boys were more than lovable rogues.....

How do you spend your time on a rainy day?



No comments:

Post a Comment