Sunday 26 August 2012

Ginger Cake For Breakfast

 
 
I don't know about you, but certain things go out the window when I'm on holiday. Kids bedtimes, mealtimes and the amount of time I slop around in my pyjamas. This morning I found myself sitting down with a cup of tea and a piece of ginger cake. At seven thirty in the morning.....It reminded me of Christmas Day, when I normally start consuming chocolate while the boys open their presents and my first Baileys coffee follows not long after. 
 
Today the sun is shining in St Ives and I plan to make the most of it. I would love to have a clear up in the garden. This rain and wind has buffeted it into submission. As September approaches, it's nearly time to pull up the last of the annuals, chop the Lavender, dig the new beds I've planned for next year, order the bulbs, clear the greenhouse reading for overwintering and a myriad of other jobs.
 
I went outside this morning and took some photos of the last of the Cosmos. Plant some. They are really easy to raise from seed, if you have a sunny windowsill. They flower all summer and are great for cutting. While you're at it grow some Windflowers. They flower a little earlier in the year and are quite beautiful.
 
The recipies for ginger tray bake and lemon drizzle cake come from Mary Berry. In my mind a far superior goddess than Nigella. You can never go wrong with Mary. Enjoy this sunny Sunday!! 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. Very lovely! What is the name of the purple and white flowers? They are so pretty and perfect for cutting!

    ReplyDelete