Five things that I shouldn't have done this week.
- I shouldn't have stayed up really late every night this week binge watching 'Criminal Minds.' I do this every now and again. I find a series - usually an American one, because there are lots of episodes - and I get a compulsion to watch that series to death. Last year it was 'The Good Wife.' Earlier this year it was 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt.' I burn myself out eventually, and get bored of said series. I have always liked the actor, Mandy Patinkin, since I saw him in the film 'The Princess Bride.' Anyway psychological crime dramas, that include loads of stereotypical pyscho babble is my guilty pleasure. Honestly I eat it up with a spoon.
- I shouldn't have bribed Olly to go to sleep, by giving him a stocking filler that I had stashed away in the wardrobe, but I was stressed because it was book group. Since he's changed rooms he can hear everything, and so keeps coming downstairs to see what's going on. I realise that it was a daft thing to do, and so it's probably the last time I'll have book group at my house, which means I won't be able to be part of it anymore. I shall miss it.
- I shouldn't have hidden Olly's Play Doh. I bloody loathe the stuff, but particularly the smell. It makes me gip. He asked about it on the way home from school, and I sort of changed the subject.
- I shouldn't have had a second helping of lemon trifle at book group this week. I'm on a bloody detox. Which by the way has done nothing but given me a headache. Perhaps all the toxins are in my brain. Probably something to do with all the crap television I've watched lately.
- I shouldn't have ordered a pair of pyjama bottoms from Boden. My defence (such as it is) is that there was a 25% discount, and they are green with bunny rabbits all over them.
Have a lovely weekend!