- Having a trying day today dealing with issues with Alfie and Olly. It's time like these that I loathe the part-time single parenting role.
- Drinking lots of tea. Gallons in fact.
- Really into reading at the moment. I go to bed early to read. I spend a portion of every day reading. It is restorative. Well, almost. 'Gone Girl' was a bit fraught.
- Disappointed that I missed the end of summer gardening window. Lets hope that we have some fine days before the end of the month.
- Going hydro-running tomorrow. I have to take a pair of socks. Me in a one piece and a pair of argylls. Can you imagine?
- Really pissed off with Alfie's school today. You'll be pleased to hear that I held my own with the stroppy deputy head. I think I over used the phrase 'with respect' though.
- Enjoying Instagram. It has helped me while I've been unable to write anything here.
- A good Mum. But by God it's taking every ounce of strength at the moment.
- A good friend. But I'm wondering if I've been a bit lacking lately?
- Not so frivolous. With money mainly.
- Honest. It's the best policy. But then again I worry that I should hold stuff back. I don't know. Life, eh?
- All the colours of the rainbow. But I seem to be wearing mostly grey, blue and black.
- Better at replying to comments on my blog posts. Can you believe that I only recently twigged that I could email back a reply? Dear God I amaze myself with my own stupidity!
- A person who enjoys playing puzzles with her four year old.
- Going to lose a stone before Christmas. This evening I don't really care whether I do or don't.
- Young anymore. I am not old either. But I am not young. Some days I feel sad about that.
- Looking forward to flying this Friday. It's a small plane. I will be sat next to the rear gunner.
- Very good at saying No. I don't think I ever will be.
- A high achiever. I have sometimes wondered what that would be like. Is it just a lot of hard work and late nights?
- Very groomed. I haven't plucked my eyebrows since I went to Belfast.
- Good at card games. I hate card games. Card games suck.
Honestly I nearly fell over on Saturday when I saw it. I thought he was doodling in my notebook. Not writing his name. I have always been staggered by how it happens - you know, the reading and the writing. It's miraculous I think. It's the same as when they draw a proper person for the first time. With five fingers on each hand, and a smile and a nose
Perhaps I should take a tip, and start writing in my notebook again. Perhaps I should get out there with my camera. My proper one. Not my phone one. Perhaps I should do some exploring of my own, and report back here with tales of adventure. What do you reckon? I am feeling better every day. I feel positively human. I am balancing the tightrope in my tutu and waving to the crowd!
Love and kisses,