Tuesday 10 December 2013

52 Weeks Of Happy - 49/52



Hey! How are we today?

My happies have a theme this week. As always joining in with Jen


A Spot Of Christmas Crafting




So I bought some cards and envelopes with a view to Olly making his nearest and dearest home made Christmas cards. What was I thinking? He made a Christmas tree instead. He was very proud of his pompom baubles.I'm still working on the cards.....


All Trimmed Up




We've decorated early here. Usually I wait until the weekend that the children break up from school. But tomorrow night is Book Group, and it is our Christmas party. So I have trimmed up early in honour of that occasion. I am also making mulled wine. I do like the smell of the tree and all the festive bits and bobs. I have pared it back this year - no twiggy displays, no festive soft toys. Oh and another happy is my new decoration for the tree. The heart was £1.00 from Wilkinson's. Which by the way could have an entire week's worth of happy devoted to it, so fantastic is that store. Do you have a happy and cheap store that makes you giddy with glee every time you enter?


Cheating At Making Christmas Cookies




I love to bake. I love baking with Olly. But sometimes I don't love baking with Olly. But I thought I ought to do some festive baking with Olly. But I didn't really want to. Because frankly I couldn't be fagged with it all. So hoorah for pre-baked festive ginger snaps (with holes for ribbon if you so wish) from those thoughtful people at IKEA. And hooray for squeezy icing in a tube. And hooray for various sprinkles. Olly had a ball. There was no mess and no fuss. And they tasted rather good too. I mean, really, why make life hard for yourself?


Santa Hat On The Beach




It's not the best quality, as it was taken with my phone. But it doesn't get any better right now than a walk across a deserted beach with three mad dogs and a boy in a Santa hat. Oh and we also saw seals in the surf.


One More

Can I chuck in one more? I have jet washed decking and new fence panels! Literally beyond happy. Olly and I played football late this afternoon, without fear of slipping and breaking our necks. Life is sweet.


And that, my friends, was the happy.

......................


A big hello to new followers. It's great to have you along for the ride. I am very aware that I seem rather manic of late. It's a manic time. I do feel a bit jittery to be honest. Good jitters. But jitters all the same. Do you?

Leanne xx


7 comments:

  1. I love all of these happies. Olly looks like a very good helper. I'm going to bake cookies from scratch this weekend but I'm praying that my husband will entertain the children so that I don't have to let them "help" me. I love to bake but I really don't love baking with children. In fact, it makes me feel like I'm going to lose my mind. How nice to have the decking cleaned. I know exactly what you mean about slipping, I remember years ago, right before our wedding actually, my husband slipped on our friends' deck and he got pretty bruised all down one leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very organised compared to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those good people at Ikea! Baking with the kids is more stress than fun I think. I am really terrible, I do it when they are at school, or in bed! I am quite exited about the cookie baking actually. It is a tradition in Switzerland where I am from. But I have promised to make a gingerbread house with the kids (just like last year, and the year before....). Atonement of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh definitely jittery, it's that time of year. Still plenty of things left to do, dwindling time in which to do it, less than two weeks of school left. Heart rate rising just thinking about it. That little man of yours is so very cute, he really is. Such happy happies this week, it feels like an extra happy post. Love your little wooden toadstools. Very classy decorating, very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Errr...oh my goodness, is that a framed print of the first edition cover of To The Lighthouse you have hanging above your sofa??? I knew we were kindred spirits.

    This is a bumper, festive list of happies, Leanne! Re the baking - yes. I know exactly what you mean. And yes, jittery here, too. And Bella's birthday party in on Saturday...eeek. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye blossom it is. I love Virgina Woolf. I often nortice your picture of her on your mantlepiece.

      Leanne x

      Delete
  6. Some lovely happies and the idea of decorating the cookies, definitely qualifies as baking. Love the Christmas card making, I personally think it is so much nicer. Have been meaning to say that your new header looks lovely and I also love your tree, it looks rather fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete