Monday 13 May 2013

My Life Is A Full And Happy One




Hello to you. I hope you all had a good weekend? It went too fast for my liking, and now exams are well and truly upon us. St Ives has been very blustery today, which is just as well because I have had a mountain of laundry.

That's life though isn't it? All that mundane stuff that rarely gets a mention - laundry, washing floors, cleaning lavatories (yes we all have to), making beds, picking up and putting back, finding apple cores on window sills, walking around the house muttering under ones breath, ironing forever. Every day. Even on the weekends. So I am giving it all a passing nod. I am letting the world know that I don't spend my life wafting through my life picking a posy here, taking a picture there.

However............

I do spend a proportion of my everyday life wafting! I wafted for about five minutes today. In the garden with the camera. On Sunday I wafted on an evening walk with Honey. And Saturday was spent wafting with the boys (in between the ironing, vacuuming, lunch preparing et al).

So can I ask you all to keep on wafting, crafting and recording all the fuzzy loveliness of your days. I love reading them. I love looking at them. Even if it's just a five minute waft between school pick up and tea. Or before you start work. Or the early hours of the morning, when you've been woken by your little one. Celebrate the waft. Celebrate those fuzzy moments.

Here are some of mine.


Monday's five minute waft. 

Beryl and Jean have made themselves a dust bathing hole in my flower bed. I am trying very hard not to be bothered by it.


The flowers are starting to bloom and grow.





Sunday

I took Honey for an evening walk. The weather was grey and a misty rain was falling. St Ives was very quiet. I took a different route than normal. To see what I could see....


Virginia Woolf stayed here when she visited St Ives as a young girl. You can see Godrevy Light House from it's windows. It's a gorgeous house, even though it could do with being loved. I'm sure Ms Woolf would not appreciate plastic patio furniture on the balconies. It is surrounded by modern developments of holiday properties and high spec apartments. St Ives has a reputation for suspect building projects.



Dame Barbara Hepworth bequeathed some sculpture to St Ives. This is a bronze of 'Epidauros.' It lives on The Malakoff over looking St Ives Bay. I love that you can touch it. I love that it sits without pomp or ceremony near the bus station. I will return to it when the weather is brighter, and see how it sits into the landscape on a sunny day. I think it is rather beautiful. It calls to you to come closer and look through and around it.



The South West Coast Path passes through St Ives. I followed a little part of it from Porthminster Beach and on to Carbis Bay. I didn't mean to walk so far, but the birds were singing in abundance and everywhere was so green. The sea was slate grey. There were many wild flowers and plants. These are my favourites






Saturday

Alfie, Olly, Honey and I went over to Hayle Towans. We ran around the sand dunes, and then went to the best sweetie shop for a pick and mix.







And that was my wafty weekend!

Leanne xx


9 comments:

  1. Waft away, lady! You have my permission. Isn't blogging funny? It would be so easy to assume that every blogger I follow has a much cushier and more leisurely life than I have, but of course that isn't true. I spent the whole morning today (after blogging quickly) on housework: vaccuumed and mopped all the floors in the house, did a few loads of laundry and cleaned the bathrooms. I have only been outside to hang wet things on the line and serve my kids' lunch on the patio. Otherwise, work, work, work! I'll make time for wafting later on, though. It's essential. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,

      Shall we waft together?! We may be separated by thousands of miles, but your wafting - in words and pictures - always give me great pleasure!

      xx

      Delete
  2. This has been a lovely post to read. I have to agree that life isnt all loveliness and we all have our share of the mundane but I do love to read things like this. I think possibly most of us leave out the rubbishy bits in our lives and blog about mostly nice things, I know I do.Can I just say how jealous I am that you have chickens?! I wish I had some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne.

      I have been told by a few people that my blog seems an unrealistic picture of my life here in St Ives. I rather think the opposite has happened - I appreciate my life - mundane and all - all the more since starting it.

      Beryl and Jean are very naughty. And there is a lot of poo!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Wafting is very acceptable behaviour. Is is a bit like pottering and daydreaming? I do a lot of that. Housework took up a depressing chunk of my day today, but hey, tomorrow I get to waft over to my friend's house and admire her teeny tiny baby. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pottering and daydreaming would fulfill the brief. I rather think I clump rather than waft, but there you go... ;)

      Delete
  4. Thoroughly enjoyed this Post Leanne. Fermented apple core's under the sofa drive me mental! I don't for a second believe I see people's full and complete lives in their blogs, more the wafting. I try to keep thing real but if people are like me, my day is SO full of housework and mundane things that I really don't want to revisit it all at the end of the day when I type up a blog post. I much prefer to write about the lovely moments and the wafting. Love Beryl and Jean - they have that "don't mess with my dust bath" look don't they!? Mel; x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel,

      Beryl and Jean take no prisoners!

      Delete
  5. Wafting is fab, you should start a movement! And whist I'm no ironer, I do pick up endless apple cores from windowsills and am constantly embroiled in washing machine dramas. We definitely need a blogging release from all the norms! Love your walk, done that a couple of times myself and as for Barbara Hepworth's sculptures, they're just gorgeous aren't they? So peaceful but strong at the same time.

    ReplyDelete