Thursday 21 February 2013

52 Weeks Of Happy - 11/52





I feel as if I've only just posted about happy things!










Half Term

The weather has been glorious this week. Yes it's been a bit chilly, but it has been great to get out and about, and for the boys to be able to play outside in the garden. We've also hung out with my sister in law and my niece. I have loved spending time with them both. Half term has been a relaxed affair for me and the boys, and I am grateful for that.


Seed Planting

This week I have started planting seeds. I have set myself quite a challenge this year. I am trying to grow lots of annuals from seed to plant out in late Spring - Cosmos, Asters, Stocks, Nicotania, Gypsophilia, Lupins, Cornflowers, Nigella.... the list goes on. Also I went a bit loopy for sweet peas in the garden centre (well they had a seed sale). It's very therapeutic filling the seed trays with compost, popping the little seed in and giving it a water. And I love all the tidy trays lined up on the staging. Only one problem - I am rapidly running out of space...


Fairy Cakes

This morning I made stacks of fairy cakes. A quick and easy sweet treat for the family. I try to make them look as girly as possible too. I don't think the boys notice, but they look nicer when I display them on my cake stands.


So there you have it. A few happy things from this very happy week. Hanging out, taking our time, enjoying the days.

Leanne xx




1 comment:

  1. Lovely! So glad you are enjoying a relaxed and happy half term. Every year I have grand plans for the garden but they never materialise. We don't have a greenhouse so I'll buy my sweet peas as plugs and plant them in a couple of months. x

    ReplyDelete