Wednesday 4 March 2015

Life on instagram

I am very much enjoying Instagram at the moment. I thought I'd share a selection of snaps that I have uploaded in the past couple of weeks. A peek into life here, as it happens. Nothing fancy or too styled (although there are some beautiful IG feeds out there. I'm thinking @porthjess and @carolinesouth). Just a hotch potch of stuff that have tickled my fancy at that time.  Spontaneous and fun.











Eating a pasty up The Digey ~ Iced buns for the boys ~ Hello little sweet peas ~ Stormy Porthmeor ~ Windswept selfie ~ Hangover cure ~ Little Letters arrival ~ Family Learning 


The pasty I ate while walking around town, after some heavy duty cleaning at home. I had a bleach headache, and needed some air. I also realised that I was starving, so treated myself to a cheese and veg pasty from the St Ives Bakery. I ate most of it overlooking Porthmeor, but I thought this was a great pasty selfie.

On Friday I had a hankering to make iced buns. They were a pleasure to make. I hadn't made any bread for the longest time, and the process of kneading, knocking back and proving was relaxing. I was really pleased with the way that they turned out. Needless to say they didn't last long.

The sweet pea seeds that I collected from last years plants have germinated in record time. I am thrilled that most have peeped above the soil. They are basking in the warmth of the greenhouse. Tomorrow I sow various vegetables and Cosmos. I have to say that I adore being in my greenhouse.

I have walked along Porthmeor beach several times this week. On this particular day a storm front swept in from the Atlantic. It bought a heavy downpour and I was soaked through. The colours were beautiful however.

Porthmeor again. A different day. It was very windy. I took a selfie. I quite like it!

Porridge for breakfast. The day after my trip to the cinema with my sister in law to see 50 Shades Of Grey. I wasn't expecting much, and therefore wasn't disappointed. It was cack. I've seen more chemistry and eroticism in a car advert.

Just over a month ago, Nell, wrote a post about penpals for little ones. I thought that it would be a great project for Olly to be involved in. He loves post. His first letter arrived all the way from Australia this week. He was completely thrilled, and took it into school today for show and tell.

Family Learning is a literacy based course that runs in schools up and down the UK. It's aims are to get parents more involved in their child's reading and writing. It's also a chance to observe and be part of your child's learning at school. The topic for our group is Spring, and we went on a wander around the school grounds to find signs of Spring. I also learnt about phonemes, and sounding out words.

Leanne xx

17 comments:

  1. I love that photo of you. Instagram is fun. I was late to it but I'm enjoying it so much, even more since we found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Leanne! Olly looks so delighted, it is a joy. Shame about the iced buns, I would have stopped by for a cuppa and bun. Next time. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, I loved the pastie one they capture so happy times! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must check out Instagram, although I don't have a camera phone so I fear it is not for me. A shame, I do like taking the odd snaps. I love the stormy Porthmeor shot and the windswept hair, beautiful. How happy your little man always is, he has such a zest for life I think. The penpals idea sounds brilliant. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top piccies, all of them :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach looks divine. I live in the country which is beautiful but there's so much mud at the moment, that walking along a beach on a windy day seems even more attractive. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just sharing everything makes life so much more soecial I think x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and blog, I love the beach shot especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photo of the beach and I love the selfie! mmmmm pasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely post as always Leanne. I particularly like the windswept and interesting selfie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great pictures, I forget to use it, must remember!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures, Leanne! I'm having fun with Instagram too. Way more fun that I thought I would have actually. I enjoy both posting pictures and seeing other people's. I recognize quite a few of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful moments, especially the pastie!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pastie looks delicious. And Ollie's face, what a fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm. Pasties.

    I really like instragram. Sometimes, when blogging feels like too much and I just haven't got the energy to find the words, I enjoy the instant-ness and ease of instagram. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pasty has made me feel very hungry all of a sudden.
    Must try harder with IG - I'm very hit-and-miss. Suspect it's because I'm not a great user of my phone for taking photos...
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Home made sticky buns...what an absolute treat. Sticky buns are one of my total favourites and I'm not surprised the disappeared. Love the windblown selfie. Notice you've not been around as much as I love reading your posts and just hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete