Monday 12 May 2014

As Neil Diamond Would Say




Hello lovelies.

Flipping heck! (or words to that effect...)

Thank you for all your feedback and supportive comments on my last post. I was overwhelmed. And like most of you, I have come to the same conclusion about my blog and the blogging world in general. It is not the same as Facebook. Not at all. I have been Facebook free since Friday, and I can honestly say I haven't missed it one jot. But I have missed writing my blog and reading yours.

I'm with you; a blog and blogging is not the same as Facebook. It's far more meaningful than a throw away comment or a daft post. Yes, it's true that I am quite often flippant and daft here. But the things I share can be deeply personal, and I'd never share in the same way on Facebook. In fact as a real live three dimensional person, I rarely share personal stuff at all. With anyone. So I have decided to stay away from Facebook for a month, and after that time I shall have a friend cull, group cull and change some settings. I think that may make it feel less invasive and more user friendly for me.

Funnily enough not being able to access my blog or yours was taken out of my hands this weekend, as Sam commandeered my computer for revision. His has been corrupted and he starts his AS Levels this week. What was a mother to do? Being forced to take a weekend sabbatical, made me realise how much I miss my space and your spaces when they aren't there.

I have a few posts waiting in the wings. I have all of yours to catch up on. I shall be commandeering my computer this evening (I am hastily writing this at Sam's desk while he has a walk into town for some fresh air and a saffron bun). There may well be a flurry of activity around here for a couple of days.

I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend. And a belated Happy Mother's Day to all of you who celebrated at the weekend. Here's hoping that you were spoilt rotten.

Catch up with you all very soon.

Leanne xx




8 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you back after your enforced break!! Good on you for making this decision, I hope that it goes well for you and that you find some peace in the outcome, whatever that turns out to be! Good luck to Sam with his revision and exams! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne! I too consider blog writing to be creative and deactivated my facebook page a few weeks ago. I don't miss it one tiny bit! It is addictive, time wasting and invasive. Ha! I do have a blog, although I haven't updated that for a while. I do read a few others, and yours too, which I enjoy but as quite a private person I struggle with the privacy issues that all this social media presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd miss your blog so much if you went away, I do enjoy reading your posts. But as I said before, Facebook I happily live without. Good luck to Sam, the thought of exams terrifies me now, I have no idea how I'll cope when mine have to take them. I hope it all goes really well for him. Have a good week sweetie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again, I'm catching up with my blog reading too although feel a bit guilty for not updating my own recently. It tends to happen in the evenings when I'm already flaked out from the day so depends on energy levels. That's why I appreciate it so much when my favourite bloggers take time to write and share - thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love reading your posts, seeing your garden and getting my coastal fix! I'm glad you're staying!! for what it's worth I can't stand facebook and rarely log in these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, in that case you wont see the message I left you on fb thanking you for the leaflets. It was so nice of you to post them, I am very very excited indeed about the holiday now! And very relieved that you are not giving up blogging. xx

    ReplyDelete