Wednesday 3 July 2013

52 Weeks Of Happy - 30/52



Hello there! And hello to new followers, you are most welcome!

Can I just say a huge thank you for all your lovely and encouraging comments on my last post. I don't know why I was so nervous about pressing the send button, but there you go. Maybe it had something to do with showing the garden warts and all. Like I said there is more to be done. I have huge plans for the play space, and the photos just highlighted that I need to get my butt in gear and paint some fences and power clean that decking. But it is a lovely space, with lots of nooks and crannies. And we have used every last inch of it.

So I have been struck down with Olly's lurgy for about twenty four hours. All I can say is thank goodness Mum is visiting. I have languished in bed and on the sofa, and been rather pathetic!I am missing this month's book group, which I am gutted about. Samuel is also in bed poorly. We haven't seen him since yesterday tea-time, apart from to replenish his glass of water. I am rarely ill. I haven't got the time!

Anyhoo, 30 weeks into the happy. How did that happen? I barely last a couple of days with any project.



A Posy From The Garden




Gerbera, Aenenome, Lady's Mantle, Gypsophelia and Clemetis. Cut while having a wander. Arranged in a bit of Chef Ware. I bought the Gerberas on sale at a local DIY store. Get some. They are fab. The more you cut, the more the blooms grow. Last for ages too. I wish I'd bough several, but instead I shall try and grow them from seed next year.



Skarloey, the coolest ginger Tomcat




Skarloey is ten years old. He is without doubt the coolest cat on the block. He just exudes it. He is devoted to Samuel. In fact he hasn't left Sam's side today. He's slowed up a little in recent months, preferring a sunny spot in the conservatory to policing his territory. He's the sort of animal that has never caused a moments fuss, and makes you smile just to think of him.


New Bag




Or "another new bag?" Actually two new bags. Both from the Cath Kidston sale. She has a shop in St Ives, and so we are awash with women of all ages sporting a bag of hers. It's a bit too much sometimes. However, I cannot resist a polka dot, and this slouchy bag suits my needs - both practically and aesthetically. At £30 it would have been rude not to.

The floral number is one of those pac a mac bags that you have folded away in it's little pocket ready for loading Pounland goodies into at the check-out (as demonstrated here). I realise that I have started to turn into the person who looks at shoes for comfort, practical solutions for storage, loves a good stain removal tip  and thinks this little bag is just the best. Anyway Orla Kiely does them too, so....


A Ripe Tomato




Albeit a bit of  blurred one. I'm not used to that soft focus function on my bells and whistles camera, so it's can be a little hit and miss. I love watching them ripen, as I love to watch all the fruit and veggies mature. Mum pointed out to me today that I have loads of Broad Bean pods swelling. I didn't even notice, it happens that quickly. Tomatoes denote summer to me, and these should be sweet enough to eat like, well, sweeties.



And there you have it.

I am disappearing for the next ten days. We go on holiday to France in Betty on Friday, and I am super busy up until then. Can you cross your fingers that she'll get us there? Apparently Brittany is forecast wall to wall sunshine!

Have a great week and end with you and yours.

Leanne xx


8 comments:

  1. Oh! Is she going to be dressed with crochet bunting ? Please get well soon.. You will need all your energy to lift those glasses of French Vino xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      She already has the bunting up! I shall have to post some pics of Betty. She is a very pretty girl.

      Leanne xx

      Delete
  2. Have a great trip! Just today, I got a shipment in the mail from Cath, the self-birthday gifts I mentioned the other day. They're in the garage until November, unfortunately. That's when my birthday is. But the sale was so good! I have one of those little packable bags too; mine looks like a strawberry when it's all packed in. I keep it in my purse. I'm getting old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you showed us your garden, it's lovely. Hope you are feeling better and that you have a lovely holiday. I am heading to Marazion on Saturday, and you are right, there is just sunshine in the weather forecast. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your happy things for this week. I too have been spending at the Cath Kidson sale, I agree its rude not too! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, have a wonderful holiday. We have no sign of any tomatoes yet, your garden is lovely by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your fab photos Leanne, the bag is gorgeous and I would have got it too.
    Have a great holiday X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were ill, Leanne. I've been battling a horrid summer cold for the last few days and I'm bored of it already. Love that spotty CK bag. I have the very same style bag in a bird print. I use it loads, it hold a surprising amount of stuff! Enjoy your holiday lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete