Tuesday 5 February 2013

Drum Roll Please.......







"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."






Last week I was kindly nominated for a Liebster Award by Gillian from Tales From A Happy House It was a bit of a shock, albeit a nice one! I had a think about it, and have decided to enter into the spirit of the award. I have come across so many wonderful blogs. However many of them have over 300 followers, so I have not been totally true to the brief....



Anyway here are my eleven random facts:

  1. I am a terrible driver. 
  2. I can recite the dialogue of the film 'Withnail & I' from beginning to end from memory.
  3. I dislike talking on the telephone.
  4. I love to sing, but only when I am on my own.
  5. I am a trained counsellor.
  6. I hate my hair. It is very fine. I blame my Dad.
  7. You will always find me in the kitchen at parties.
  8. I have read 'A Short History Of Nearly Everything' by Bill Bryson at least a dozen times.
  9. My favourite job was working in a record shop in the early nineties.
  10. I like to take pictures of front doors.
  11. I love toast.


And the questions that Gillian asked:


Who would play you in the film of your life?
Peppermint Paddy.

If you were to go on a picnic, what would your picnic basket contain?
Tuna & cucumber sandwiches, cherries, strawberries and peaches and a very cold beer.

Do you have a favourite song?
I have lots of favourites. Maybe 'Town Called Malice' by The Jam just sneaks into top spot.

What is your favourite season, and why?
Definitely Spring. Not as hot as Summer, but I can start wearing flip flops.

How would you spend your perfect day?
A lie in, followed by toast and tea for breakfast. A walk to Trevail Mill with Marc and the boys. A picnic lunch at Seal Island, back home in the garden which is bursting with flowers, an early night with a good book.

What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Porridge.

What is your most irritating habit?
Marc and Sam have told me that when we are watching a television programme, I always ask the question "wasn't he/she also in ....."

What is the best gift you have ever been given?
Rhythm!

What would you do with £1,000?
Buy a painting by Becky Borman.

When was the last time you did exactly what you wanted to do?
I literally can't remember!!

Early bird or night owl?
Early bird.


 Phew!!!

 Still there?



Finally, here are my questions:

1. Kindle or book?

2. Who was your favourite teacher at school, and why?

3. Who or what inspires you and why?

4. If you could go back in time for a day, where would you go and why?

5. If you could only have three electrical appliances in the house, what would they be and why?

6. What is the one thing that you would most like to change about the world?

7. What is more important to you, doing things right, or doing the right things?

8. What is your proudest achievement?

9. What is your favourite sound?

10. What would your autobiography be called?

11. What do you miss the most about being a child?



I would like to nominate the following blogs:






Little Buckles



Go and take a look at them for yourself. They are all fab!!


Leanne xx












1 comment:

  1. Leanne, thanks so much for joining in, it was great to know a bit more about you! You sound like a very interesting lady. You fact about Withnail and I made me chuckle - someone once told me about a drinking game you can play while watching that film whereby you drink every time someone on screen drinks. I think you end up plastered quite soon!

    I loved you description of you perfect picnic and perfect day - just lovely.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete