Thursday 15 November 2012

Miscellany





I have been following 'Rachel Eats for a while. She is a British woman living in Rome with her young son. I guess it is a foodie blog, but she also writes about living in Italy. She writes beautifully, posts up mouth watering recipes and gives one a real insight into the highs and lows of living abroad.

Today she posted a very personal post about her difficult - often destructive - past relationship with food. It moved me to tears. I guess most of us have some kind of foodie issue. I have my own. She put into words what I only feel, but am unable to articulate. It was powerful and moving. Painful and honest.



....................................................


Olly did his once weekly marathon three hour nap this afternoon, and woke up very bad tempered. Why does he do that? I wonder if I am keeping him too busy with our daily adventures. Perhaps he needs some quiet time every day. I have a difficult internal relationship with being a stay at home mum. I feel guilty that I am able to be at home when so many mums I know are having to work. I'm not sure why I feel this way. I still have to process that one. However I have decided that Olly and I will have a chill day tomorrow. Perhaps I need to chill too!



.......................................................
Also (in no particular order).
headaches. magazine fetish. wish lists. drinking tea. mistle thrush. toad. escapee chickens. the perfect little black dress. mock sats. tired eyes.







No comments:

Post a Comment